It has been known for a while that this year IWC is unveiling a new range of Pilot watches. As the Pilot collection of IWC is a legendary and hard seller, the expectations are high. One model has been released already:
On Monday January 16th, 2012 the 21th edition of the Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie (SIHH) will start again, where 19 brands will be exhibiting their new marvelous watch collections. And, IWC just released the images of the Pilot’s Watch Chronograph Top Gun Miramar, named after the former location of the US Navy Fighter Weapons School (which is also known as TOP GUN).
Alongside the chronograph, the Top Gun Miramar range will also have a 48 mm Big Pilot with a similar design.
The press release also indicates that we can expect the following eye candies:
- an all new Big Pilot’s Watch Top Gun Miramar with similar design elements as the Chronograph Top Gun Miramar and the same movement, caliber 51111, as the regular Big Pilot’s Watch;
- a first for the regular collection: new Big Pilot’s Watch Perpetual Calendar Top Gun features a perpetual calendar with its four-digit year display, moon phase display and seven-day power reserve;
- What everyone expected: the size of the regular Pilot’s Watch Chronograph increase with 1 mm, now 43 mm in diameter.
- A logical move in the sequel: the launch of the new Pilot Watch Mark XVII with a diameter of 41 mm (2 mm larger than the previous Mark XVI).
- The gold chrono is back: the Spitfire Chronograph with its IWC-manufactured 89365 calibre will be available in red gold.
- A long anticipated version: new Pilot’s Watch World Timer with a 24-hour ring that makes it possible to look at all 24 time zones, including the Universal Time Coordinated (UTC). The city ring shows the names of 23 places around the globe, each of which represents a time zone. The dial shows local time, which can be adjusted forwards or backwards in one-hour steps – also when crossing the International Date Line.
- A new 46mm Pilot’s Watch Double Chronograph and features new red design elements on the dial.
As the waiting lists have been long for several years already for new IWC models, make sure to pre-order yours at your local Authorised Dealers:
The Americas: IWC Schaffhausen Boutique Brighton Beach at phone number: +13107340520.
Latin America: Berger Joyeros at phone number: +525556161594.
Europe: Ace Jewelers at phone number: +31205711560.
Middle-East: IWC Schaffhausen Boutique Istanbul at phone number: +90 212 224 4604.
Asia: IWC Schaffhausen Flagship Boutique Hong Kong at phone number: +85228292729.
Australia: Watches of Switzerland at phone number: +61 2 9251 0088.
Stay tuned for more SIHH 2012 news and please share your opinion about these new timepieces here below.